How To Roll Hemp Flower
Whether you’re new to smoking CBD buds or are a long-time consumer, wouldn’t it be nice to know how to roll hemp flower joints? Even those of us who’ve smoked for a while, maybe we chose a pipe, a bong, or a dry herbal vaporizer. Or maybe we made our joints using the assistance of pre-rolled cones.
But, some of us never tried to roll our own joint because, honestly, it seems hard and requires some patience. Then again, practice makes perfect, so maybe it’s time to give it a try. Who knows? Maybe it will be much easier than we imagined.
How do you roll a joint with flowers?
The satisfaction and pride you get from rolling a CBD joint is an amazing feeling. So, let’s walk you through the process so you can try it out for yourself.
Get your supplies together
First things first. You’ll need to buy or grab the following items from your house to get everything together in one place.
- CBD hemp flower of your choice — Have at least one gram with you.
- Metal grinder — Pick one out with a decent reputation. Instead of saving a few bucks, spend a bit extra. The cheap grinders make it more difficult to grind your herb and can become dull fast, then essentially become useless.
- Rolling paper — There are several options here. And most people choose based on their individual preferences. Hemp and rice paper are very common options. There’s also bleached white papers, wood pulp, and tobacco leaf. Those who prefer to roll blunts use tobacco leaf, mainly for the flavor and because it’s natural.
- Filter tips — Find these online or at your local smoke shop. They’re easy to come by and make the smoking experience cleaner and more smooth.
It’s time to roll it up
Once you have everything you need, follow these steps below.
- Grind up 1/2 to 1 full gram of your flower.
- Pick up your rolling paper and hold it in your hand with the glue side facing up. You can also do these first steps on a table if that’s easier.
- Grab your filter and place it at one end lengthwise, then use your fingers to hold it in place. Then slightly cup the paper in your hand so that it looks like a long tube with the top cut open. A “U shaped tube, if you will.
- With your other hand, grab the ground up dry herb and sprinkle it into the middle, while spreading it out evenly. Leave some extra room at the top, so you can twist it off at the end.
- Here’s where the magic happens. Start to wrap one of the ends over the flower and roll. Then leave a little bit of paper exposed so you can lick that part and seal the paper down. Like you’re rolling up a little burrito.
- Twist the top of the paper and light it when you’re ready to smoke.
You did it! Congrats. Your patience will pay off with a nice, chilled out smoke session.
How do you preserve a rolled joint?
So, you’re not quite ready to smoke your joint or you have half leftover. To keep it fresh, place it in a joint tube if you have one. Or find a small glass jar of glass tupperware with an airtight lid. Store your hemp flower joint in there and put it in a dry, dark place. Keeping it under the sunlight or in a warm, hot area of the house can degrade the freshness and potency of the hemp flower.
Are pre rolled cones good?
Instead of taking the time to learn how to roll hemp flower, some people like to buy pre rolled cones. It’s a much easier process and takes the “rolling” and “licking” out of the equation.
Other consumers go with pre rolled joints instead. This is where someone else (i.e. the CBD company) does all the work for you. When you buy these CBD pre-rolls, all you need is a lighter and you’re good to go.
Some people love pre-rolls, while others choose to roll their own. Like most things in life, it comes down to what feels more natural or convenient. But for those who’ve only bought pre rolled cones, we suggest rolling your own. Then, you’ll never have to wonder what it’s like or if it’s too hard.
Now that you have a good idea on how to roll, and learned about pre rolled cones and pre-rolled joints, let’s move the conversation to another topic.
How does CBD smoking flower make you feel?
This question may appeal more to first-time smokers, so feel free to skip ahead if this question doesn’t apply to you. Those who are wondering, smoking hemp can make you feel really good.
If you didn’t know, cannabidiol (CBD) is the main active molecule in hemp flower and it happens to be non-psychoactive. Also, based on the way it interacts with the Endocannabinoid System (ECS), many of the feelings take place in the body. Whereas, smoking high-THC strains can cause a heady, cerebral high.
Hemp flower bud effects can be numerous. Here are some of the most common responses we see in our customer testimonials. Some people say they feel relaxed, calm, sleepy, relieved, have less pain, or feel less stressed after smoking artisan hemp flower.
Is it legal to smoke CBD bud?
This may seem like an obvious question since we’ve talked about joint rolling and smoking. But, it’s still smart to touch on this a bit.
Yes. It’s legal to smoke CBD hemp flower. On December 12, 2018, the updated Farm Bill was signed into law, making it legal to grow hemp in all 50 states. At this time, hemp flower became the interest of many around the country.
But, to comply with this Bill, hemp buds have to contain less than 0.3% Delta-9 THC by dry weight. If the percentage is above that, the CBD strain is technically illegal for consumption. Unless, of course, you live in a state with recreational or medical cannabis laws in place.
How to choose a CBD hemp flower strain
Earlier, we talked about how you needed to buy hemp flower before rolling a joint. Obvious, right? Well, what if you don’t know which CBD strain to get? There are many options out there. And more will come out as breeders find more and more amazing crosses.
So, before you order hemp buds online, do a little research on the best CBD hemp flower strains to buy. When you find an article on this topic, you’ll read about all the qualities and characteristics that make each strain a phenomenal choice.
There will be details about the appearance of the buds, the aroma it gives out in the air, and the smell it emits when held close to your nose. You’ll also read whether or not it’s a potent hemp flower or not. Here’s an insider tip. You’ll know if it’s potent by it’s CBD percentage but also, if the nugs are covered in frosty, white crystals.
Additionally, there will be insights into the potential effects of the strain. Another item of interest and one of extreme importance is the “Cannabinoid Analysis” of the strain. This report gets issued by an independent third-party lab after tasting the flower. It shows the percentage of each cannabinoid identified in the plant.
The main cannabinoids tested are CBD and Delta-9 THC. But there are other important cannabinoids in the hemp plant too, which is why you’ll also find CBDA, CBDV, CBG, CBN, CBC, and a few others on this lab report.
Besides finding out all this information on each strain, do a little recon on the company selling the hemp flower. Are they growing their hemp using organic and sustainable growing methods? Or are they not respecting the plant as it deserves and therefore using chemical sprayers and other contaminants?
Finding out the answers to these two questions makes all the difference in the world. Smoking some organic CBD nugs, will be a much different and better experience than smoking a bud sprayed with pesticides.
Before you go out and buy everything to roll your own hemp flower joint, do some research into the best quality hemp flower out there. Make sure you learn how it grew, where it grew, and find out about the curing process used. Read everything you can about the CBD brand, the strains it offers, then go ahead and buy the trimmed hemp flower. And enjoy it until the very last hit!