Consumers looking for fast relief can’t beat the efficiency of vaping CBD. While CBD tinctures and edibles can take up to two hours to kick in, you can feel the effects of vaping CBD almost immediately. But the first time a beginner picks up a vape pen, things can seem a little complicated.
We hope this article will help take some of the mystery out of vaping with CBD.
What is a CBD Vape Cartridge?
CBD vape cartridges are cylindrical tanks pre-filled with cannabidiol suspended in a carrier oil. Most vape cartridges are compatible with standard 510-thread batteries and vape pens. CBD cartridges aren’t compatible with JUUL batteries, which are meant for use with pods. You also won’t be able to vape dry flowers with a vape pen designed for oils. If you’re planning to vape high-CBD hemp flowers, you’ll need to invest in a dry-herb vaporizer.
How to Use a CBD Vape Oil Cartridge
Using a pre-filled CBD oil cartridge is simple and easy. But before you start vaping, you’ll need to charge the battery. Most vape pens come with USB chargers that you can plug directly into your computer. Alternatively, you can connect to an outlet using a USB to AC adapter.
Once you’ve charged the battery, remove the charger and attach the cartridge. You can enjoy most CBD vapes by following the same procedure:
- Click the power button five times to turn on the device.
- If your CBD vape pen has temperature controls, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to select your desired setting.
- An indicator light will blink when your vape pen is ready to use.
- Press and hold the button to inhale the vapor.
- Click the power button another five times when you’re ready to turn off the vape pen.
How Much CBD Should I Vape?
The quantity of CBD you decide to vape will depend on several factors, including:
- Bodyweight: In general, CBD vape consumption should be proportional to a person’s weight.
- Metabolism: People with faster metabolisms will feel CBD’s effects more quickly.
- Milligrams of CBD in the cartridge: You won’t need to vape as much highly concentrated oil as you would with lighter formulas.
- Desired effects: Everyone has different reasons for vaping CBD. Some consumers want to experience subtle relaxing feelings, while others may prefer more potent effects for relieving body aches or stress.
The basic rule for consuming any CBD product is to go low and slow. Start with one or two small puffs and wait for ten or fifteen minutes to observe how you feel. You can always vape a little more if the effects aren’t strong enough for you. If you notice any uncomfortable sensations, wait until the effects pass and vape less CBD in your next session.
Choosing the Best CBD Vape Cartridges
There are several factors you need to consider when choosing the best pen for vaping CBD.
You’ll want to make sure your cartridge is a compatible voltage with the vaping device you choose to use. Thinner oils use a lower voltage, while thicker oils need more power. It’s a balance between getting a good draw without burning the oil. You should also make sure the airflow hole is compatible with the pen you plan to use.
The last thing anyone who wants to benefit from CBD needs is an unsafe vape cartridge. Consumers should avoid buying cheap Chinese or black market vape cartridges, which can contain harmful ingredients. Ask the vendor to provide a Certificate of Analysis from a third-party lab. A Certificate of Analysis will report the amount of CBD in the cartridge and ensure that it doesn’t contain any dangerous heavy metals, residual solvents, or other hazardous ingredients.
Pre-Filled Versus Refillable Cartridges
Pre-filled CBD cartridges are way more user-friendly. All you need to do is charge the device and connect the cartridge. Some experienced vapers choose refillable cartridges to save money. However, using refillable cartridges can be messy and inconvenient.
CBD and Delta 8 vape cartridges come in a variety of flavors. The best CBD cartridges include natural terpene flavorings to allow you to benefit from the entourage effect. You’ll find a wide variety of strains on the market. Each one will have a different taste, aroma, and effect. In general, sativa strains impart energizing effects, making them ideal for daytime use. Indica strains, on the other hand, are typically better for relaxing in the evening.
Tips for Using Vape Cartridges
You can extend the life of your vaping device and enhance your enjoyment of CBD by adopting a few good habits. Here are a few tips for getting the best out of your CBD vape cartridge:
- Keep your vaping device charged so it will be ready when you need relief fast.
- Let your vape pen cool for a few seconds before taking another hit to avoid overheating and burning the CBD oil.
- Be careful not to break or bend the tip of your CBD vape pen when you put it in your pocket.
- We don’t recommend refilling disposable CBD vape cartridges. It degrades the flavor and can damage your vaping device. If you must refill a cartridge, don’t refill it with E-juice. The thinner juice will leak out and may damage your vape pen.
- Don’t leave vape carts in your car, in the sun, or near a heat source. The batteries may leak or explode.
- Don’t store vape cartridges in the freezer. The excess moisture will ruin them. A cool, dry place like a cabinet or drawer is best for storing CBD vape cartridges.
- You can clean a dirty vape cartridge with isopropyl alcohol.